BRAAAP Safety – Take precaution before you rideJan 14th, 2015
Fresh powder has just hit the hills, fields and mountains. You’re chomping at the bit to get out there on your Ski-Doo, and open ‘er up, and have a little fun.
FFUN Motor Group wants you to keep it safe out there. So please remember these ten safety tips from our General Manager of Motor Sports in Yorkton, Barry Kelly, and one of our Ski-Doo owners, Dustin Aitken.
Top 10 safety tips while sledding this winter:
- Always let someone know where you are going and what time you’ll arrive.
- Pack a safety kit, with a lighter, flashlight, tow rope etc.
- Always make sure you have a spare belt and sparkplugs with you.
- Stay off rivers or any body of water open areas with a fast-moving current or an open area.
- Dress warm just because later in the evening it starts to cool off fast.
- Don’t drink and ride.
- Carry a full Jerry Can.
- Carry tools, a knife, pliers, a crescent wrench and a screwdriver
- Bring a map, GPS and/or a compass.
- Take an avalanche safety course.
Click here for more information on snowmobile safety.