Are we there yet?Apr 15th, 2015
Road trip season is upon us, and you and your family are excited for your vacation. Fresh air, new scenery and open road…stop there! With hours to go before you reach your destination, all you’re about to hear is, “Are we there yet? I’m bored!”
How can you keep the kids entertained during your road trip? Here are a few ideas:
- Alphabet Game: Name an animal that starts with the letter A, B, C, D, E…and so on. Choose a topic that interests your children.
- Eye Spy: Take turns choosing something in the car or in the place where you’ve stopped and have the others guess what it is. You can also download a bingo eye spy card here and have the kids play the game themselves.
- Story Game: Make up a story. Everyone in the car comes up with a line in your group story. Have someone write it down and put it in your scrapbook with all your pictures.
- The Banana Game: Every time you see a yellow vehicle yell “Banana”. The person to say the word first will get a point. Whoever has the most points once you reach your destination wins.
- Who Am I: Describe a person, an animal, or a character, and have everyone guess who or what you are describing.
- Road Sign Bingo: Download the card here and get felt markers to cross off the signs they see. Whoever crosses out the whole board gets a snack or a little prize at the next gas station.
- Create an activity binder for each of the kids. Make Create Do is a good place to start.
And, before you hit the road, get your road trip check up with a FFUN Motor Group dealer to keep your family safe.