Spring MaintenanceMar 29th, 2016
After the cold of winter, a springtime maintenance is a great time to catch and correct any deficiencies your vehicle may have developed during the previous season, and before the heat of summer hits. Finding these can be as easy as a quick inspection, or in some cases they may need the careful eye of a qualified technician. At FFUN Motor Group dealerships we can provide you with a full array of service options to keep your vehicle running in tip-top condition so you can enjoy the warm weather worry-free. Some things to think about:
- Read the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual’s recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
- If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, look for repair facilities that employ qualified automotive technicians.
- The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
- Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner’s manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
- Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
- Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when the tires are cold.
- Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
- Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of washer solvent on hand to combat summer’s dust and insects.
April is National Car Care Month! A time to remind motorists to spring into action and make sure their vehicles are running at peak performance for the updominc summer season! See more at: http://www.carcare.org/2013/04/april-is-national-car-care-month-spring-into-action/
Contact your nearest FFUN Motor Group dealership to book a service or inspection today!